Thursday, August 9, 2007

Can't wait until Spring 2008!

I must share....

This evening I had dinner with my best friend Stephanie. Almost a month ago Clint, also a good friend, asked her to be his wife. I have been beside myself with excitement since she told me. She and Clint have been dating for six years, yes that's 6 YEARS!, and he has finally popped the question. She asked me out this evening to ask me to be a part of her special day, to be a bridesmaid. I tearfully said yes and we enjoyed an evening talking about wedding plans. To give a little history.....Stephanie was the receptionist when I started at Manhattan. I walked in nervously the first day and she was the one I saw first. She was sweet, funny and we instantly made a connection - we were friends that very first day. She was 19 and I was almost 27 years old. I thought that she was so nice, but there was no way we'd really be friends we wouldn't have anything in common. Well, I was wrong. I think I pretended to be 19 a little, but we hit it off and we've been close friends ever since! I'm so glad! I must share this last little thing. I knew she was my best friend on a day when I was feeling really down and to be honest, I can't remember what was going on at that time, but she emailed me and told me to go to the elevator. I did. The door opened and inside the elevator was a piece of grape bubblicious gum with a cheerfuly sticky note. I must say I laughed so hard and forgot my worries. THAT, is what friends do, cheer you up when you're down. I think I kept that sticky note taped to my computer for my entire five years with the company. That note reminded me each day of that time and continued to make me smile.

In closing, Stephanie - I'm honored to be a part of your special day and I'm glad God brought us together as friends. I'm so excited to be sharing all of these moments with you and look forward to all that are to come. Congratulations, I love you!

1 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations Stephanie!

I'm so happy you and Ginny have been able to maintain a great friendship after she left Manhattan!